RJM’s industrial placements offer invaluable experience of how an engineering organisation operates. You will be offered the opportunity to rotate through different departments including process engineering, business development and project management. If you have a particular interest in CFD or 3D modelling / engineering drawing, there is the opportunity to work within those teams and develop your skills to an industry level.
An engineering placement with RJM offers the opportunity to:
• Work with experienced engineers on real company projects to deliver innovative engineering solutions to clients.
• Interact with different engineering disciplines, roles and levels of the company.
• Accompany senior team members on site visits and sales trips, potentially abroad.
• Receive mentoring and professional development from experienced engineers.
Located at the Winchester Head Office, the placement will run for 12 months. Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• In their third year of study for a Masters degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or a related engineering degree relevant to the energy industry
• A minimum 2:1 grade should be expected.
• Applicants must have the ability to work in the UK.
We are seeking applicants who are enthusiastic, analytical, able to work in a team, keen to grow and develop and act with a high level of professionality.
The position offers a salary of £19,000 with an additional discretionary bonus. A successful placement could also lead to an offer of a full-time role, post-graduation. This includes a sponsorship element for the final year of study, the only requirements being a minimum 2:1 degree and remaining with the company for two years. More than half of our Industrial Placement Year positions have led to full-time employment offers.
All applications should consist of a CV with a covering letter (including course results) and should be sent to Pennie Lestock-Reid, Administration Manager. E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th March 2023. Interviews will take place in Winchester 18 or 19th April 2023. Please let us know your availability in your letter of application.